With the weather warming up, nothing is more comforting than a bowl of pipping hot pasta bowl. However, the thought of cooking the protein and pasta individually, and then combining puts most off. What if I tell you, that you can make the 30 Minutes Instant Pot Pasta bowl, with no extra pots and pans. Plus, a winning dish when you are a busy mom with little kids, or a working mom like me.
This dish is a spin-off of the pasta dish that my Mama used to make. Only difference is that I’m using canned tomatoes, while she used fresh tomatoes.
Read till the end to view notes and tips, to adjust your cooking as per your need.
I have used beef for this recipe. You can as well use mince chicken or lamb, as per your choice and availability.
Beef mince 1 kg
Can of chopped tomatoes 796 ml OR 1 bottle of Marinara Sauce
Garlic cloves 2-3
Salt to taste
Red chilli flakes (optional)
Italian spice 2 TBSP
Cumin 1 TBSP
Olive Oil 3 TBSP
Mushrooms sliced 200 grams
Bag of Rigatoni Pasta 450 grams OR any shape you prefer
Mozzarella Cheese (optional)
Notes: I’ve linked the Instant Pot that I use here. You can also make it traditionally in a regular pan.
1. Start by adding the oil, all the spices, meat and tomatoes to the Instant Pot. Close the lid and and start it on stew for 15 minutes.
2. Once cooked, release the steam and open the lid. Give it a good mix. It should be still liquidy.
3. Add the mushrooms, and the bag of pasta, and mix it well with your cooking spoon.
4. Add enough room temperature water, so that the pasta is just covered. Again give it a mix.
5. Close the Instant Pot and cook on ‘Stew’ setting for 15 minutes. We like our pasta to be soft. If you prefer Al dente, reduce the cooking time.
6. Once done cooking, quick release the steam. Give the ready meal a good mix. Do taste the salt at this time. Add more if needed.
7. I like to top the pasta with slices of mozzarella cheese and close the lid. The steam melts the cheese.
8. Serve up and enjoy! I’m still the kid who puts ketchup on top of it.
Also, I like to serve Fattoush Salad along with this.
– If your Instant Pot does not have the ‘Stew’ feature, cook it on ‘Meat’ feature.
– I often cook the mince meat frozen. No need to adjust the time in the Instant Pot. It will cook perfectly in the 30 minutes.
Let me know if you try this 30 Minutes Instant Pot Pasta.