Banana Banana Banana!
Such a strange yet powerful among the fruit kingdom, it is often under-rated as the diet of the monkies. Humorouse is the way it is used in context of passion, as to how I have gone Bananas over this pair of shoes. Even more weird is the application of Banana in terms of crazies, when someone to have lost his mind can be termed to have gone Bananas. Considering the passionate crazies, we should surly give this potassium rich fruit another chance and more honor than usually given.
Japanese women are smart to recognize the benefit of a Banana Diet. Mothers around the world know the use of a Banana as one of the first foods to feed their younglings. Anyone with an unwelcome one too many trips to the washroom, can always get back on track by consuming these yellow babes.
As with all things precious, Banana tends to turn dark and rotten all too quick. Though one can always chop up and freeze a darkening banana for a smoothie later. However, my favorite is always to Bake a Banana Crumble Cake. You can go ahead and use a fresh yellow one, but I log onto the dark skinned soft ones, which are mushy. Perfect for this cake.
The cake recipe is actually a combo of a recipe I found online for Banana Muffins, with added on advices on forums, plus my own touches.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- 1/4 tsp CInnamon Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Nutmeg
For Crumble Topping
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter/oil
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients of the cake. No need to beat. A common fork will be enough to mix and fold the ingredients. once you are unable to see any dry flour, you know that the mix is done. Pour this into a floured cake pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the crumble topping ingredients. This will be crumbly in texture. Sprinkle topping over the cake batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a comes out clean.
Enjoy baking! and do share your experience 🙂